Thursday, July 13, 2006

Democracy Comes to Site of the Week

I was reading some John Dewey this morning and was inspired to overthrow my own blog hegemony. Thus, as a way of democratizing the Site of the Week, I'm opening the choice up to you, my faithful cafe visitors. Curiously, all three are dancing cat videos and all three have been sent to me in the past 12 hours by Danny and Tamsin. Why they might be sending me dancing cat videos, I do not know. So, here are the contenders.

Independent Woman
Kitty Cat Dance
Cat Ninjas

As Dewey said (decidely not of dancing cat videos): “We naturally associate democracy, to be sure, with freedom of action, but freedom of action without freed capacity of thought behind it is only chaos.” Resist the chaos: e-mail me with a vote.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Response One: We laughed the most at the first one -- Indep. Woman. Strange. Yet amusing.

Response Two: How can I choose when each of the candidates has some strengths, but serious flaws? I thought at first that it was Ninjas, hands [paws] down, but then I got seasick during the group jumping segments. The first one has cute graphics, but they're rather primitively assembled/displayed, and I can't understand a word of the lyrics. Okay, I lied in the first sentence--the middle one has no redeeming qualities--the cat looks like it's been strung up by its front paws, and the musician is beyond awful.

I hope this has been helpful to you in your small democracy.