Perhaps its an exercise in expanding my aesthetic vision or maybe it's a way to cope with my low motivation on days like today; in the past few weeks, I've been trying to see the beauty of grey weather. I'm not sure how successful I've been. Even my houseplants seem sluggish and unmotivated to grow. Yesterday, as a way of coping with the grey, Dale and I headed to Detroit to explore some things we'd not seen before: Grosse Pointe, The Eastern Market, and the Belle Isle conservatory. In our drive, we drove through a few zip codes of Detroit. You can really see why the US is such a complex nation and so difficult to comprehend. In a matter of a mile or sometimes even a few blocks, you can go from seeing whole blocks of abandoned buildings, homes and businesses to bustling blocks of Starbucks, Ann Taylor stores and twitchy Italian Greyhounds in little Burberry coats.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Antidote to grey
Perhaps its an exercise in expanding my aesthetic vision or maybe it's a way to cope with my low motivation on days like today; in the past few weeks, I've been trying to see the beauty of grey weather. I'm not sure how successful I've been. Even my houseplants seem sluggish and unmotivated to grow. Yesterday, as a way of coping with the grey, Dale and I headed to Detroit to explore some things we'd not seen before: Grosse Pointe, The Eastern Market, and the Belle Isle conservatory. In our drive, we drove through a few zip codes of Detroit. You can really see why the US is such a complex nation and so difficult to comprehend. In a matter of a mile or sometimes even a few blocks, you can go from seeing whole blocks of abandoned buildings, homes and businesses to bustling blocks of Starbucks, Ann Taylor stores and twitchy Italian Greyhounds in little Burberry coats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment