Sunday, June 11, 2006

"There's no basement in the Alamo"


Here's a website my Mum sent "for your Sunday amusement." AFI's 100 YEARS...100 MOVIE QUOTES As predicted, it did amuse me on this fine sunny Sunday. However, as I emailed my mum, I was dimayed at the absence of quotations from Pee Wee's Big Adventure. IMDB's site has a wealth of them. Perhaps there aren't any on this list because it's impossible to choose just one (she says with naive and perhaps misguided optimism)? Who can resist, "Biker #1: Did anybody tell you that this is the private club of the Satan's Helpers? Pee-wee: Nobody hipped me to that, dude." Or, what about this, "Texan: What's your name? Pee-wee: I don't remember. Texan: Where are you from? Pee-wee: I don't remember. Texan: Do you remember anything? Pee-wee: I remember... the Alamo. [Texans cheer]." Ah, Pee Wee's Big Adventure... it sure makes my Top 100 list.

No comments: