
This weekend we were in Stratford for our friends' wedding-- it was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding. Adding to the great weekend was our stay in a very nice small inn. It had all the things that make me addicted to lovely hotels: real art by local artists on the walls, walls the perfect shade of blue, linens of a quality I can only aspire to own one day, Crabtree & Evelyn soaps, and fresh cookies waiting for us upon arrival. The coolest part of this inn (and, I think, the real reason I chose it) was that their website advertised "In-room Canadian book library." I was intrigued. Sure enough, as promised, our room had a selection of 5 or 6 recent Canadian novels on the desk. This is a great way to introduce people to Canadian fiction and Canadian writers. I really think it's time someone other than the Gideons put books in hotels, don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment