After a long day of writing, I staggered to the TV hoping for some intellectual numbness. One tiny buzz of the remote later I was transfixed: there were the Tigers playing the Yankees in a pre-season game under a sunny Florida sky. I won't admit to how excited I was so see my little Tiger friends again nor will I admit to having exclaimed "Callooh! Callay!" Let's just say I was pretty happy to be transported to summer if only for an hour. Now, as the murk of night sinks in and more cold and snow creep into town, baseball and sun seem light years away. But then, thanks to Dave, there's this link to Curtis's blog and I can almost imagine feeling sunshine again. I chortle in my joy.
Monday, March 05, 2007
O frabjous day: Curtis has a blog!
After a long day of writing, I staggered to the TV hoping for some intellectual numbness. One tiny buzz of the remote later I was transfixed: there were the Tigers playing the Yankees in a pre-season game under a sunny Florida sky. I won't admit to how excited I was so see my little Tiger friends again nor will I admit to having exclaimed "Callooh! Callay!" Let's just say I was pretty happy to be transported to summer if only for an hour. Now, as the murk of night sinks in and more cold and snow creep into town, baseball and sun seem light years away. But then, thanks to Dave, there's this link to Curtis's blog and I can almost imagine feeling sunshine again. I chortle in my joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment