Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Public Note to my Self in January

Dear Self in January, just thought I'd post this note so that in January, maybe December, when you're really frustrated with the cold and pining for summer that you'll look back to this blog remember this day where, at 9 AM, the humidex is 41o C. Also remember that we're not only under a humidex advisory but a smog advisory too. Maybe the cold doesn't feel so bad when you remember that in the past 24 hours, the humidex low was 39 o C (at 5 am this morning) and the high was 48 o C. (Maybe, in January you're not a believer in the humidex so in basic celcius the low was 27o and the high 35 o) You may also want to remember that, after finally falling asleep at 4 AM, you were awoken at 4:30 by the unmistakable scent of a skunk family gathering beneath your bedroom window. By the time you fell asleep again, it was time to get up. So, Self in January, remember this day as I remember a day last January when I waited for a bus that never came in blizzarding weather and I vowed I would never complain about heat again. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying....

No comments: