![]() |
| Old school blogging at the Design Museum cafe, Helsinki |
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Preface: for Ostap
Before I begin, a word about my typing and this blog. I had great intentions to write every day and brought my wireless keyboard for the specific purpose of doing this blog. On the second day in Helsinki I sat down to write the first entries and realized that while I'd brought more than enough batteries, I had neglected to bring what I now know is the irreplaceable battery cap needed to power up the keyboard. A few minutes on google suggests my best option would be to fashion a new one out of few obscure parts used in lamp making and a lot of tinfoil. It is advisable to have metal saw as well. I'm really hoping it's sitting smugly and precociously at home. I will shorten my sentiments about this to a single 'blurg!' and let you imagine my brow furrowing at the company whose solution to a missing 3$ part is to purchase a new 88€ keyboard. After a few days of thinking 'blurg!' about the blog, I decided I was just going to handwrite things for myself about my trip and that was fine. A few hours later, I got a note from Ostap asking if I would please re-open the cafe. The public, he said, has spoken. At the Cafe, we like visitors like Ostap. So, here I sit in my cabin on the Silja Serenade somewhere on the north Baltic Sea typing up some handwritten notes. Please pardon the short entries and the innumerable typos I anticipate. Thanks for reading. And thanks for the note Ostap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment