
Game: May 3, 2009,
Tigers vs Cleveland Indians
Score: 3-1 Tigers
Game time temperature: 66
Attendance:27,411
2hrs 37 minutes
Winner of the Dunkin' Donuts Race: Biggie Bagel
When I first started going to baseball with D in 1992, I have to admit much of the appeal of baseball for me was pure aesthetics. I loved sitting up high and watching the perfect balance of players on the field. I loved the red earth, the green grass, the white of the lines, and the expanse of sky above. At the time I longed for a camera but was content enough to compose shots in my mind. Now I never go to a ball game without a camera: I still can't get over the beauty of park and the game.
When we first started going to Tigers games, we generally sat in the 320 range which gave me that beautiful, expansive view of the skyline and the field. Our partial season tickets are 13 rows up from the field between the first baseman and the right fielder. Though I often miss the view from the 300s, this space gives me a different angle on the game and I've learned to like what it offers. Last week I purchased a new lens for the camera and I'm pretty excited about that. Here are some photos to celebrate the beauty of the game and the arrival of the new lens (thanks PWM!) Oh, and here's Biggie Bagel with the new lens; he looks mighty fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment