Sunday, November 23, 2008
Received: Five Dozen Vintage Lipstick Samples
One of the signs of a good friend is someone who knows exactly what you will love even before you do. Such is the case of my friend L who, last week, gave me a box full of tiny vintage lipstick samples from Avon and, strangely, the Fuller Brush Company. At first, I was intrigued with this little box. I am now thoroughly enchanted. I love the little cases (especially the little metal ones), the colours, the colour names and the promises lurking within those names. Clearly there is a dissertation in here somewhere but here are just a few of the names: Orange Chiffon, First Violin, Prize Pink, Wild Honey, Fire Flower Red, Silver Trill, Red Commotion, and my current favourite, Russet Rage. Thank you L!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oooh... the white ones must be Avon.. they look like mom's Studio Girl samples. but the brass ones.. look like .22 shells! (she said, in her best Albertan dialect)
Post a Comment